Thursday 13 October 2011

Omigod omigod omigod

not my best side!
Finally get to do some publicity re the play Killing of Sister George –last minute request at theatre last night to come in to BBC Breakfast TV and talk about the play and being in the new Ab Fab.

Jane Horrocks came to see the play and I had a late night. Due to phobia can’t know who is in so would have been churlish to just go home since she took the trouble to sit and watch.


I arrived at the BBC building crack of dawn but not as early as the rest- had sensationally amusing chat with make up person and the nice sports man who won strictly come dancing two years ago and then suddenly found myself on the red sofa with Lovely Bill and Gorgeous Sian and I felt so cosy and relaxed I just wanted to sit there and curl up for a comfy snooze and maybe tops - a general exchange of cosy tittle tattle. I sensed that wasn’t quite right, but by then my brain had gone blank and I committed THE SIN – which is not mentioning my fellow actresses’ names Meera Syal, Belinda Lang and Liz Cadwallader (all of them are superb)


OMIGOD I am soo ashamed. Couldn’t focus about why I was there at all – nor could I remember data about the very interesting play I’m in written by Frank Marcus.


I have two shows to do today!!

And a man on twitter called the interview with me ‘car crash TV’ Nice.

One good thing… My pal Belinda Lang said ‘chimed’ on the Mathew Wright show cos I told her to. Beginning to feel empowered. But only slightly.